Advice and Tips to Help You Hire the Best Gardening Services
Gardening tasks and lawn mowing needs can become a burden if you don’t have the time for them. Professional gardening services are available in a range of different options to suit your individual needs. From lawn care, to garden clearance and garden clean up, as well as general garden maintenance services, there is bound to be a professional who can help you. Finding a reliable gardening service is crucial and here are some tips to help you get the best value for money when it comes to your garden:
- Think seasonally as some services are better used in certain climates. Winter is the best time for pruning as this is when plants such as roses, creepers and fruit trees are dormant. Autumn and spring is ideal for mulching garden beds. Planting new seeds are also best done in these seasons. Weed control is most effective in autumn. As for lawn mowing, this is an all-year-round job but requires regular attention in summer when the grass grows back faster.
- Do thorough research before hiring a professional gardening service. Check out a few different websites of local companies and make sure you get a quote. Read reviews and pay attention to positive and negative feedback. Make sure the company offers the exact service you are looking for. Always feel comfortable to ring up and enquire if you have additional questions. This is also a good way to get a feel for the company based on the customer service response.
- Get recommendations from friends, family and neighbours who have used professional gardening services. If they were happy with the service, you are more likely to be as well. Word of mouth recommendations can be the most effective and you can see the results in your neighbours' or friends' gardens. Remember, you want to hire a gardener who you are likely to recommend afterwards.
- Make sure the company is professional and has fully trained and qualified staff. You want to get the best value for your money and you want to ensure you can trust the staff members. It would be terrible if you paid for a company to come and take care of your garden only to find damage had occurred and you needed to pay extra to have things fixed. Make sure the company has trusted and vetted professional team members and that it is fully insured.
- Get a quote before hiring and make sure you ask about any additional costs. Some companies claim to have no hidden expenses, but it is always worth asking just in case. Keep a copy of the quote and have it available when paying for the service. Make sure the prices match so that you are getting the best value for money.
- Have a complete idea of what you want to get out of the service. Don’t let the company trick you into hiring services you don’t actually need. Write a thorough list before hiring a professional gardening service so that you are clear on your expectations. Try to be present and available when the team members are working so that they can ask you any questions and clarify your needs. Open communication between you and the gardeners will avoid any accidental mishaps.
- Ask for advice and recommendations on how to keep up your gardening requirements after the services are complete. Professional companies and their team gardening experts are filled will a wealth of knowledge on keeping gardens clean and tidy. Don’t be afraid to ask for some tips and pointers on how you can keep your garden in tip top shape.